[blind-chess] Re: Chess History Article #20

  • From: "Hugh Pharis" <h62730mp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:34:58 -0400

Thanks to our chess maestro, Rod, for this most interesting article. If I understand it then, the King is the taller and graduating to the Queen being a bit shorter and on down to the Rooks with the pawns being the shortest.

But here are a couple of question for my valued friends. I Have three boards in which the pieces are all the same height, not more than three-quarters of an inch high and that includes the King and Queen. As with the other design, though, one side is marked with a pin or nail on the top to differentiate between White and Black. What style is this one? Or does anyone know for sure?

My problem with the other two boards is that my shirt sleeve sometimes snags on those tall Kings, Queens or even Knights. (smile)

Hugh