[blind-chess] Re: Annotated Games Feedback

  • From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:05:21 -1000 (HST)

Hi Paul,

Oh, yes, I most certainly will include English players - in fact one is coming soon - Howard Staunton, who is unofficially regarded as being the strongest player int he world int he 1840's. I believe I already have a Nigel Short game on my list (against Kasparov).

As you may have noticed, I am starting out with "oldies-but-goodies". I found a few lists of "famous games" or "great games" and have been picking from these lists, especially if I can find some annotations to go with it. A very king English gentleman donated some braille books to my library, and I will rely on those too. I just hope I do not make too many mistakes in converting from the old Descriptive notation.

So - thank you for the suggestion (and books), and I will be following up on it.

Rod
========== The blind-chess mailing list View list information and change your settings: //www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess List archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/blind-chess =========