[bksvol-discuss] Re: yesterday from Valerie Maples -- do not open hers

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 18:28:06 -0700

Hi Doug,

That link in Valerie's e-mail leads to an icky thing.  I don't know if it
will hurt anything, but it acts funny.

Sorry, that was about the most unintelligent sentence I've written in
decades.  Let me try again.  The link led to a news story.  However, if you
clicked on the link within the news story, it took you to a page that you
couldn't leave. In my experience, the pages that won't let you use the
"close" button in the browser to leave them, but require you to hit a
"cancel" link are bad news.

I'm fine here, because I didn't try to use the "cancel" link which I assume
from prior bad experience is really not a "cancel" link, but a link that is
an "agree" link to something probably no one is interested in having as it
gathers info from your computer,at least that's what happened to me years
ago.

Hope Valerie gets her problem solved quickly.  How frustrating for you all
to have to deal with this.

  Mayrie