[bksvol-discuss] Re: wrong name/author for book

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:32:16 -0500

So where does the cruise go this year?

I too remember going to see Star Wars when it first came out. A friend convinced me it was a good time to go when we had both been partying a bit too much. We went and sat in the middle of the front row of the theatre, and when the ship came rumbling down from the top of the screen, at the start of the movie, it made a definite impression on me, similar to the point when your parachute opens and you swing back and are able to see the C141 flying away! You sort of feel like you've just been run over by a whale.

I must admit however, my favorite character from the movie was always Han Solo.

Dave

At 11:21 AM 1/28/2008, you wrote:
LOL!!! Yes, I'm a real person, as everyone at Bookshare and Grandma Cindy can attest to. I'm single and a deranged perfectionist, so what else is there for me to do except play with books? Although I will say that my daughter is going to have a baby girl in mid-April, so I imagine my hours will decrease somewhat then :-) Oh, and I'm going on vacation from Feb 26 to March 4, but Claire will be in the office then, so we'll still have coverage.

[Funny story: Working as a software engineer, I went with a bunch of coworkers to see Star Wars when it first exploded on the movie scene in 1977. After the movie was over, I said "Wasn't R2D2 great?" and the office receptionist said, "Leave it to Carrie to fall for the computer!" So you're not that far off, Dave!]

Hope today is a grand day for everyone! Carrie