[bksvol-discuss] Re: writers clubs, are they allowed, is there interest?

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:19:58 -0400

Hi, Julia. I don't know how closely Pat is monitoring the lists right now. You can reach her at pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you'd like to talk to her about a writing club. I would imagine that starting a club for writers would make sense and maybe get that going well before splitting it into genres. I say this because our clubs seem to average around 6 to 12 people in size so far. We can seat up to 500 people, so it's a matter of interest rather than a predetermined group size. Bookshare has severl good books for writers with writing exercises that could be used to help with ideas for a writers' club. A Writer's Book Of Days is one such book with a lot of great ideas to help writers get going. I have more books like this one to scan. It's a matter of finding time since my family says I can't try cloning myself, even if I persuade one of our resident science geniuses to create a machine to do the trick. Apparently the world isn't ready for two of me yet, or my scanner is concerned about being worn down to nothing but smoking circuits. (grin)

Monica Willyard

Julia Kulak wrote:
Hi people. I'm not sure if this is strictly allowed, since its kind of a side road from reading per say, and there'd have to be as many clubs for different genres of writing as reading, hmmmm, this could get messy. Should we attempt it? What do you say, or the more important question, what does Pat say?
Julia