[bksvol-discuss] Re: words run together while scanning

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:21:07 -0700

Hi Cindy,

No, they're not supposed to be hyphenated, they're just any two words that wouldn't normally be hyphenated. I'm trying a different engine to see if that makes any difference. If I make any great discoveries I will post them.
Thanks.

Bud
At 10:50 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:
I have run into that, Bud. Are these words, perhaps,
that should be hyphenated? That's what I've found.
People do a global replace of hyphens with nothing, to
get rid of the end-of-lines hyphens, but some of those
words are supposed to be hyphenated. Otherwise I've
rarely found that situation--sometimes, but rarely.

Cindy

--- Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I've had this happen for some time now and wonder if
> anybody else has
> experienced.  When checdking over a scanned book I
> often find two
> words run together without a space between.  It's
> easily fixed but
> can be               quite time consuming when there
> are a lot of
> them.For instance, with the words about the it will
> be aboutthe.  I'm
> wondering if changing engines if it will help. I
> haven't tried that
> yet but will.  Anybody else run into that situation?
> Thanks.
>

> Bud Schwab
> W 6 Z Y P
> Malibu, California