[bksvol-discuss] Re: word processors

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:28:29 EDT

Can you believe this? I can't find my Microsoft Word. I just looked through
all programs and it doesn't seem to be there. The only thing I can think of
that  might have happened to it is that the last time my hard drive was
reformatted,  which was over a year ago at least, it was not reinstalled. I
suppose I
will  have to wait for someone to help me go through my disks. In a message
dated  7/20/2008 8:01:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Roger,

You could save another copy of your file with a  slightly different
name, so that you won't lose what you have.  You  could then open either copy
in Microsoft Word, and use Christina's  instructions to reinsert the page
break, save the file so as to preserve  that inserted page break, then close
and go back to working in the word  processor that you're used to using.
This instance that you describe might  be one motivation to try working in
word.  It really isn't all that  different.  Perhaps a little slower as
Microsoft Word is kind of a hog  of resources, but pretty similar to use.

Also, in case you didn't know,  when you downloaded the book from Bookshare,
if you didn't delete the zip  file from which you extracted your file, you
can always extract again if  you need a new copy of the book to start from
scratch with.  You just  need to either be prepared to have your messed up
file overwritten, or make  sure to extract the second copy of the zip file to
another folder than the  one to which you extracted the first copy.

I know all of that sounds  like kind of a lot, but everything new does, and
we were all new  once.  I remember being daunted by things that I do now as a
matter of  routine.  It does get easier.  If I've been unclear, please,  feel
free to say so, and I'll give better or different  instructions.

Good luck!

Mayrie