Hi Mayrie,Yes I'm out here. I had some catching up to do on list mail. As it looks like you've discovered WordPad is a viable tool for validations so long as you know its few quirks. For example CTRL+ENTER won't insert a page break, but you can copy/paste one into place.
I believe the major limitation came up when it was discovered that WordPad did not recognize section breaks and had no mechanism to convert section breaks to page breaks. Gerald and I at least weren't able to figure it out a year or two ago.
All in all though WordPad probably works with 95% of validations, for the other 5% its best to use a more powerful tool.
Best regards, Jake Jake Brownell jake.b@xxxxxxxxxxxx----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:23 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: word processors
Hi Roger,You are not the first person to say that Wordpad retains and JAWS announcespage breaks while reading rtf documents in the past year or so. It is possible that advances in software have occurred since we were all warnedagainst using Wordpad to validate. I do have a question, to clarify, not tocontradict you. Does JAWS actually say "page break" when you pass over apage break? If so, perhaps Jake (Are you out there Jake?) could comment onthis for us. Jake is kind of our computer geeky guru, or at least I hold him in high esteem in these matters. You may be able, Roger, to increasethe options for validators if you can tell us exactly what you hear JAWS say when you are reading continuously, and when you down or up arrow past a pagebreak when using Wordpad to validate an rtf document. It would be neat ifthings have changed that would allow more validation options for validators!I look forward to knowing more! Mayrie -----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 4:16 PM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: word processors Well, I don't know why mine is working different than you would have expected unless my incompetence is causing me to do something that changes the way word pad works, but I am hearing every page break that comes along announced while using word pad. In a message dated 7/20/2008 3:30:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes: Roger, remember you will be able to find page breaks with speech using Word but not using Wordpad. So you probably want to validate with something other than wordpad so your speech synthesizer reads you page breaks. E. To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line. ________________________________ Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today <http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020> . To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxput the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.5.2/1562 - Release Date: 7/19/2008 2:01 PM
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.