[bksvol-discuss] word perfect likes to change files

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:40:54 -0400

I am using WordPerfect 12 to validate and I can use 4 different modes to use to
work with rtf files and somehow Wordperfect manages to convert rtf files to
"read only" all by itself no matter what I do.

I had to convert and rename American Bloomsbury  5 times before I could upload
it as it kept being changed by [by itself] to "read only" and/or wordpad
[.wpd].  Really, I would have known if I had changed it.  Can someone tell me
how to prevent wordperfect and wordpad from screwing up  my files.

Amy
frustrated in Miami but I still got my book uploaded