[bksvol-discuss] Re: wish List

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:46:40 -0400

And related to my list you will notice every item has to do with volunteers, not new programs, not special programs to get boks for specific grades, interests, in non-English formats, nothing New New like that. These lists were all discussed at great loud length at the CSUN meeting where we were assured that John would soon be with us with a title which has something to do with volunteers. What happened after that just confuses me and frustrates me and lots of us volunteers.

Go on strike? No. Become less involved as I become frustrated. Perhaps. Many of us have waited patiently for over two years while the same issues are gone over again and again.

For some reason known only to bookshare, all staff (repeat all) must work at the site itself. Nothing can be done off site just as these tasks cannot be deligated to volunteers. Apparently no part of these tasks can be given to the volunteer community to do thus freeing up staff. Yes I am confused and frustrated.

E.
At 07:16 PM 10/21/2006, you wrote:
I agree with your list, except I thinkl the wish list,
to be usefull, needs to be checked daily, so that
books that people have taken to scan (clicked on scan)
can bd dropped from the list. Otherwise duplication of
effort can occur, evenn if it's only updated weekly.

Cindy

--- Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>