[bksvol-discuss] Re: wirelessRe: Re: OT spillage

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:21:12 -0500

Maybe you know this already, but your laptop probably has an option that can turn off your screen. The point of the feature is to turn off the laptop's screen while it is hooked up to an external monitor, but it hopefully would work without another monitor attached. One reason to hope that they don't try to be too smart and only let you turn it off when it auto-detects an external monitor. If the monitor is off you should get significantly better battery life. You'll have to look in your manual to figure out how to do it, because every laptop is different and mine is so old that it is not relevant to modern laptops.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kasondra payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>