[bksvol-discuss] will submit shortly, Lady In Blue

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:43:00 -0400

Hi all,

I thought this title might interest several of you, so am posting a
synopsis.  I should get this submited either tonight or tomorrow morning.
If you want me to hold it for you, let me know.  And BTW, Sister María Jesús
de Agreda was a real nun, who actually was reported to have these powers.

Cheers,

Donna

Synopsis (from the B&N website)

In Los Angeles, Jennifer Narody has been having a series of disturbing
dreams involving eerie images of a lady dressed in blue. What she doesn't
know is that this same spirit appeared to leaders of the Jumano Native
American tribe in New Mexico 362 years earlier, and was linked to a Spanish
nun capable of powers of "bilocation," or the ability to be in two places
simultaneously. Meanwhile, young journalist Carlos Albert is driven by a
blinding snowstorm to the little Spanish town of Ágreda, where he stumbles
upon a nearly forgotten seventeenth-century convent founded by this same
legendary woman. Intrigued by her rumored powers, he delves into finding out
more. These threads, linked by an apparent suicide, eventually lead Carlos
to Cardinal Baldi, to an American spy, and ultimately to Los Angeles, where
Jennifer Narody unwittingly holds the key to the mystery that the Catholic
Church, the U.S. Defense Department, and the journalist are each determined
to decipher -- the Lady in Blue.

Publishers Weekly

Destiny propels an agnostic journalist to rediscover his faith in this
intriguing paranormal puzzler about a mysterious bilocating "lady in blue"
from bestseller Sierra (The Secret Supper). In 1629, Sister María Jesús de
Ágreda appeared more than 500 times to the Jumano Indians of New Mexico and
converted them to Christianity-without ever leaving her monastery in Spain.
(The Inquisition suspected her of witchcraft.) In 1991, Spanish journalist
Carlos Albert interviews Giuseppe Baldi, a Benedictine priest and
musicologist about his 1972 Chronovision machine reported to recapture
sounds as well as images from the past. (The Vatican censured Baldi.) Albert
later stumbles on Ágreda's monastery in Spain, while in Los Angeles,
Jennifer Narody, a former U.S. intelligence agent working on a secret
project for the Vatican, deals with unusual dreams and receives a startling
stolen religious text. Sierra's heady tale about a true flying nun should
entertain Christian paranormal buffs, though some readers might have
welcomed more about that Chronovision time machine. (June)