[bksvol-discuss] will be submitting

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:37:48 -0800

I've been trying off and on to submit a book and couldn't; just read Gustavo's
note, so when the site is up again I will be submitting Your Blues Ain't Like
Mine by Bebe Moore Campbell. Such a shame for us to lose such a talented
writer. This book begins after the Brown vs. Board of Education Supreme Court
decision and ends in the 90's. We see racism at its worst and the in-depth
effect it all had on several families, both black and white. If this is the
type of book that interests you, I think you will find it an easy validation
and one of those books you can't stop reading. Jill