[bksvol-discuss] Re: wide white spaces

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:34:56 -0600

Hey Evan, we're dating ourselves -- but I loved the old WordPerfect, too. It was a peach compared to Word in what it could do easily, especially with that reveal codes feature.

Word does have a pitiful version of reveal codes, but it's barely a baby step above useless.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 11/9/2015 7:36 PM, Evan Reese wrote:

Concerning Lissi’s problem, way back in the days when I used WordPerfect, (a program I still remember fondly), there used to be something called Reveal Codes that you could hit to see all the formatting codes in your document. It was a big help in finding out what to change or get rid of if you didn’t know what was making your document wonky, or just not look like what you wanted, or were just curious, which I sometimes was.
Is there anything like that in Word? I’d imagine it would be a lot more complicated with many more codes than there were 30 years ago. Still, it might help in finding what that white space is so it can be removed.
Evan