[bksvol-discuss] where to find books

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:18:16 -0700

I'm sorry that I don't remember who asked the question about where to find
all these wonderful sounding books that Amber posts for us, but I have found
my best source and the least expensive is the public library. Most
libraries, I believe, have quite accessible web sites and you can either
reserve the book on the site or call in the request and will be notified
when the book arrives in the library. Also if it is an older book, Amazon
will have used books posted and I have been able to pick up a few for just
pennies except for a $4 shipping charge. I would like to know from Amber
where one should look when apparently the first chapter is available
on-line. For the benefit of the new scanners and validators, there are also
such groups as Paperback Swap that Monica Willyard and others use. Jill