[bksvol-discuss] Re: when's a good time...

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:17:19 -0700

Hi Meka,

There is a regular meeting each Tuesday evening in the chat room. They usually begin at 5:30 Pacific, 8:30 Eastern. In addition, a number of book clubs are springing up, and of course, these occur all days of the week. Otherwise, the chat room is a pretty spontaneous place. Some days will be quite silent, others will see small, and sometimes not so small, groups of people populating the room throughout the day.

I can tell you that the vast majority of the folks who you will encounter in the chat room are kind, patient, and willing to help you if you find you are having any problems getting the room to work for you. Your previous experience is one I've lived through as well. Many chat rooms become very unfriendly places to inhabit, thanks to the regular users.

A good website to add to your favorites list is:
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org

Here you can find a schedule of events taking place in the chat room.

Enjoy,
Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meka" <mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>