[bksvol-discuss] when requesting help

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bkvol <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:34:28 -0700

Folks:

May I respectfully suggest that when requesting assistance w/problems
to please include as much information as possible. I can't speak for
any1 else on list, but I personally failed telepathy 101. The only
reason why I got any points at all was because I remembered to put my
name on the final exam paper. Lol.

It's always a good idea to provide the following when asking help
regarding a problem:
Your operating system;
Your computer model, brand, hard drive space, & amount of memory;
Any adaptive technology u use, including version numbers;
Software used to scan/proofread, again including version numbers;
Any error messages you're receiving (preferably exact copies, please); &
Precise steps to reproduce the problem.

Those of us who are in position to provide support can do a much
better job that way. We don't always remember who uses what hardware &
software, so your help in being as detailed & specific as possible
allows us to get to u in a far more timely manner & the solutions we
propose will likely be far more accurate. I know it seems like a
hassle, but it'll actually save time for every1 in the long run.

I occasionally post this to the various lists I'm on. By now every1
should be well & truly sick of it, but it nonetheless seems to
periodically bear repeating.

Thank u in advance for your cooperation, patience, & consideration.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride