[bksvol-discuss] Re: what to put in the two copyright metadata fields

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:12:03 -0800

Thanks, Susan for asking, and everyone for your answers perfect timing for
the question, as I'm soon to start proofing the book
smile
Cindy p

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM, misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As usual, what Judy put in sounds good to me. I'd put in one adjustment.
If the copyrights are all for parts of the text and there is one overall
copyright owner for the text, such as the publisher, I would use that one.
If there is no overall owner, just the four authors, I'd put all of them in
the owner field and the most recent one in the date field.

Misha

On 12/27/2015 4:11 PM, Judy s. wrote:

Hi Larry, this is one I'd ask Madeleine about as I can't find anything in
the current volunteer manual that addresses it specifically. I would guess
that it's the same as what the older version of the volunteer manual said
about it, but that's just a guess. Here's what the older volunteer manual
said:

Multiple copyright notices: Sometimes several pieces of a book will each
have a different copyright holder, such as: the preface, the illustrations,
the text, the graphics, short stories, the afterword, etc. Use the name of
the copyright holder of the latest copyright notice of the text. Ignore all
the other copyright notices.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <
https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 12/27/2015 5:07 PM, Larry Lumpkin wrote:

Hi all. I have an omnibus romance with 4 different copyright persons
and dates. What should I put in the metadata fields for copyright holder
and date?

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list