[bksvol-discuss] Re: what to do about extraneous punctuation marks

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:07:02 -0800

I could be castigated for saying this but it seems to me that since  a
blind proofer can't compare with a print book he/she must make corrections
that appear necesary. Example:  In the book I'mproofng there's a single
quote that doesn't make sense; it seems, from the flow of the sentence, as
if there should be a comma. I am sighted and do have the print book and
that's correct. But if I were blind I'd want to delete the quote mark and
put a comma where it belongs. (I'm guessing that somehow the scanner
(machine, not person) read the  comma as a single quote
Cindy