[bksvol-discuss] Re: what should I do

  • From: the ppardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:02:47 -0400

Thank you for the suggestions.
I will have my little old book lady check for them. You may send any other suggestions off list.

Jim

At 02:05 AM 6/11/07, you wrote:
I can think of a couple of books right away which either need re-scanning or need to be added to the collection.

The first is a rescan.
Judith Tarr Arrows of the Sun
also to be re-scanned
Philip Jose Farmer. Alley Gods

next is
Judith Tarr
The Throne of Isis which is not in the collection.

Do you want me to send you ideas off list?
Or on list if you like?

E.

At 04:34 PM 6/10/2007, you wrote:
                Hi everyone,

I have a problem and  would like some suggestions on what to do.
I have been a Bookshare member, along with Shelly and some others, since its inception And have submitted over 1600 books. These were obtained through a local library program named Bravo. A volunteer brings me seven or eight books every two weeks , which I scan and submit. The problem is that the collection has become so large, that most of the books she brings are already on Bookshare. This week only two books were not shown. I have already submitted 'Murder Needs Imagination 'and the other will probably be done Tuesday.. This leaves ten days free. I could validate some of the kes books, however, I would have to validate with speech, which is not the best method. The Wicked Wicket is an example. Or I could try the wish list which in the past has not been too successful, and the new system sounds a little doubtful.

I could rescan books that have been rejected or are fair, or do some of the series books that are not listed. My question is which do you think would be the most helpful to Bookshare? Validate kes, rescan rejects or add to series.

Any comments would be helpful.

Jim Pardee