[bksvol-discuss] Re: what is this character in word?--& paragraphs

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:58:26 -0800 (PST)

Because in Word, sometimes--and when I scanned with my
old scanner-- I see it at the end of every line and
when I click so it's hidden, the lines are lines and
not paragraps. The paragraph symbol, or what looked
like a paragraph symbol (the p with the double lineat
the edge) acted as a line break.

However, people said that that made paragraph breaks,
at least when converted by bookshare, so I've been
eliminating them when I see them. I thought I had to
do  the same thing with the marks Jamie mentioned, and
so I have been. Do I not? I can just let them be in
files that have those?

Cindy

P.S. As long as I have you, smile,--If the paragraph
symbol is at the end of  a paragraph, and paragraphs
are neither indented nor have a line space between,
can I leave them that way? I remember that when I
asked which was preferable Pratik said to leave
whatever the scan was, but that was when I asked about
skipping lines between paragraphs vs indenting them.
Now I'm asking, what if neither is the case, but there
is the p symbol at the end of a paragraph.

Cindy