[bksvol-discuss] Re: what does Pavi do?

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:28:04 -0700

Hi All,

Resending this mail without the bulletpoints per E.'s request

Below is a  list of five main areas that you can get in touch for (as
many of you already do):

1.Reporting Errors in the Collection: When you run across a title,
author name or other book information that needs to be corrected  2.
Quality issues: When a particular submission does not in your view meet
BSO standards or you are having trouble validating a certain file and/or
you have some tips you would like to pass on to the submitter of that
file 3. General Volunteering Difficulties/Questions: For anything you
are having trouble with or have a question about that you would prefer
to direct to someone at Bookshare rather than others on the list. 4.What
Would Bookshare Do? When you want to know what the standardized way of
dealing with something is (for instance photo captions etc). Or when you
would like us to develop a standard approach for something. 5.
Suggestions/Requests for the Staff: When you run across something in the
site, current systems or policies that you would like to see
changed/modified in some way.

Many of you have already been doing this and writing to me directly with
these sorts of things. As I've said before, I do read the list and
appreciate it as a platform of communication between the volunteers. And
when I feel it's necessary to send a response to a certain post I do.
But given the traffic on the list and its wide-ranging content,  if you
have something you want me to read, and respond to, then sending it to
the list is not the most efficient means. When you would like me to
respond or when you have something to report that needs swift attention
from Bookshare's end please write directly to my address.

As Volunteer Coordinator I see a significant part of my role to be that
of a two-way communication channel. In the event that there is something
related to volunteering that does not quite fall into any of the above
categories that you would like to approach me with please feel free to
do so.

With gratitude as always for your collective contribution,

All good things,

Pavi Mehta

Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare

Benetech