[bksvol-discuss] Re: volunteers who are not contributing

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:56:47 -0400

We would get credits for submissions which get accepted. That way, the step 2 page is where the quality issues are worked out. We validators need to think about when to reject and when to fix up a poorly scanned books as has been discussed here before.

People deserve to get the encouragement of having their books accepted. Learning how to create a good scan or how to validate takes practice. Bookshare and volunteers need to be more honest with submitters when rejecting or accepting books. That is the place I think for the step 2 page and for better messages when a book is actually rejected. By messages, I mean ones which say something like:

The words in this book ran together. The confidence level is 96 percent. It is easier to rescan at such a confidence level. Please adjust brightness setting if you notice this happening in future as a test. Also, please try and read the first two or three pages of your possible submission.