[bksvol-discuss] Re: volunteers who are not contributing

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:31:54 -0400 (EDT)

Elizabeth

I never thought of that; but it certainly could be.  More likely, however,
are 2 other things:

(1)  People naturally volunteer for something and then later decide that
it is not for them for whatever reason.

(2)  And this is more likely, because of the lag time often between books
being submitted and then making the collection, having access to Step 1 is
an efficient way to potentially get one's hands on books.
So, I believe you have some individuals who just grab books to read them
without intent to validate.
If this is the case, I'd hope that they would have the courtesy of
immediately going to Step 2 and releasing the book back into the pool.