[bksvol-discuss] volunteering

  • From: "patti" <plcdoula@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:15:48 -0400

Hello everyone: I've just joined this list, and would like to volunteer validating books. Are there some specific guidelines somewhere to give instructions? Do you have to fill out any application to volunteer? I have a book in mind, one that I downloaded that needs a lot of work; but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to delete. There are a lot of extraneous numbers, for example, not sure what they represent; page numbers, paragraph markers, perhaps? I have no clue, but they're annoying; also, all the headers and footers are there; also very annoying. So I look to you all for your expertise. I love to read, and read Braille, and I think bookshare is such a wonderful thing, and blind people should be reading good quality material, too. Too bad I'm not a certified proofreader, because I catch mistakes all the time. (grin)

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Patti Cutler