[bksvol-discuss] Re: voice chat room available

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:44:45 -0600

Hi Jackie!

Out of the chat rooms mentioned, your idea of TeamTalk sounds like the best from just reading about it. I am pretty unfamiliar with chat.

Debby

At 12:46 PM 1/11/2010, Jackie McBride wrote
Again I suggest TeamTalk for this. No admin needed. Skype is really
really clunky when it comes to conferencing, e.g., if some1 drops out,
the host has to call them back, if the host computer crashes, the
conference is up in smoke, etc. & the audio quality tends to degrade
severely when more than a few folks are involved. I *know* this! I
tried using it for our creative writing group, & was never so glad to
get rid of somethin in all my life!

I have no financial interest or otherwise in teamtalk. It's just a
very accessible voice chat client which yes, can also use text chat,
send files, etc. TTS can read the text messages, tell u who left the
channel, etc.

I had been writing some scripts to help deaf-blind folks use it but
lost 'em when my machine crashed. Forgot to back up the jaws scripts
folder. Blankety blank blank blank. So now gotta start from scratch.
Unless, of course, Lynnskyi happened to keep the scripts I sent to
her?

Now off to try to find a new fridg to replace the 1 in the garage that
died last week.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride