[bksvol-discuss] Re: voice chat room available

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:10:27 -0600

Hi Denise!

That was nice of you to check into this. *smile*

Initially, when Jamie mentioned a possible chat party, I thought it was a
good one, and after Susan L contacted Bob Acosta and asked whether we could
use the Book Nook, I e-mailed him, last week, and asked whether we could use
the Book Nook room last weekend. I received no response, and e-mailed Jamie,
accordingly.

I really hadn't planned to take the lead on this, but was willing to help to
arrange it.

I did visit the "politics" room at ourplace.acbradio.org, after Monica's
post, and found the log in to be exactly like that of Accessible World chat
rooms, so think it would be a good fit for a Bookshare chat.

I also thought of contacting Talking Communities, directly, to see if we
could have our own chat room. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about
conflicts with times and other scheduled events.

This is becoming more of a project than I feel I can commit to--especially,
since there would have to be an administrator for each chat. I'm willing to
do what I can to help, but do not want to take responsibility for this
entire project. I believe my time is better spent proofreading.

Blessings.

Lynnsky

  _____