[bksvol-discuss] Re: very old submit

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:46:46 -0500

The puzzling entry here is:

Action: RETURNNEW
Date: 2008-11-30 13:58:29-08
User: a Bookshare.org Volunteer

It would seem that this scan was part of the collection between Feb. 12, 2003 and May 17, 2006 when Gustavo withdrew it because a better copy was available. Why we find it once again on the step 1 page on Nov. 30, 2008 is a question only someone on the staff familiar with its case can answer. I know in the past, I've asked a staff member to place a book back on step 1 because there was a problem with the one in the collection. I remember having caused a good bit of consternation on a Jack Higgins book back in May or so, because I had asked to have a number of books put back on step 1 and I missed my weekly deadline on that one and it looked as though I had it out for years. In that case the problem was that the staff was going through and culling duplicates and the one left on the system was a Brf only edition. I had validated the original Rtf edition and new it had been in the collection for 3 or 4 years and thought that the Daisy andBrf copy should be back up there. Unfortunately,after missing my deadline, and not being on the list at the time, another member picked it up and rejected it.

I give this as an example only, as to why sometimes we see an ancient scan back on the step 1 page.

Dave

At 12:11 PM 12/8/2008, you wrote:
Anybody know anything about what this book is doing on step 1. Seems just a trifle old don't you think? Check out the dates. Is this book some kind of test case by administration or is it something a validator is asked to judge?

Title:
Phantom Waltz
Author:
Catherine Anderson
Language:
English
Format:
RTF (Rich Text Format)
Brief Synopsis:
Confined to a wheelchair, Bethany has accepted that she'll never have an intimate relationship—or have children. But Ryan Kendrick makes her believe she can overcome
anything. Kendrick/Coulter #2
Quality:
Fair, many errors but legible throughout.
Long Synopsis:
Categories:
Disability-Related
Romance
Comment History:
Action: RETURNNEW
Date: 2008-12-08 01:55:25-08
User: Bookshare.org Administrator
Edit time expired.
---------------------------------
Action: EDIT
Date: 2008-11-30 13:59:59-08
Date: 2008-11-30 13:58:29-08
User: a Bookshare.org Volunteer
---------------------------------
Action: WITHDRAW
Date: 2006-05-17 04:16:38-07
User: gustavo galindo
Book is being replaced by higher-quality scan.
---------------------------------
Action: PUBLISH
Date: 2003-02-12 05:40:48-08
User: gustavo galindo
---------------------------------
Action: PUBLISH
Date: 2003-02-12 05:40:36-08
User: gustavo galindo
---------------------------------
Action: DONEDONE
Date: 2003-02-05 19:55:34-08
---------------------------------
Action: VALID
Date: 2003-02-05 19:55:12-08
User: Sister M. Dolores Dean
I had a difficult time accepting this book. There really were too many errors but
it was readable. In my opinion, the scan was very poor.
---------------------------------
Action: EDIT
Date: 2003-02-05 19:30:31-08
User: Sister M. Dolores Dean