[bksvol-discuss] Re: venting my frustrations

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 10:50:33 -0800 (PST)

Mike,

Occasionally the validator can't find the true
copyright holder in the book because the information
is too close to something else in the scan. There are
have been two occasions I can think of where the book
was returned for copyright info and I found the
correct info, different from what was put in the
upload form, right under the page break and on the
right-hand side of the page--and not on the copyright
page itself. Whatever was being used to
validate--daisy, BRF, whatever--didn't find it. It
took a so-far-reasonbly good pair or eyes that reads
every word on every page to find it.

I wanted to see if that might be the case with Tom's
book, but he's already solved the problem and uploaded
the book again. I wish there were a way I could use my
eyes and various sources to help get books off the
administrator queue,m but apparently there isn't.

Shannon, I'm almost through with Never Say Die. When I
upload it it wll be with not only the explanation
about the different names on the title pages and the
copyright holder but also copies of two entries in the
copyright site that show Gerritsen with both names.
Hopefully that will be sufficient. Are you the
scanner/submitter as well? Or do we only find out by
continually checking the download list to seeif the
book has been returned?

Cindy