[bksvol-discuss] Re: validation pagination questions

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:36:58 -0500

Hi Laurel,
Some books only number even pages. I'm not sure what the stripper will do
with them, but the worst that could happen is that the page numbers would be
left in instead of stripped. I doubt that though, especially if there is a
header; I'll bet the automated tool isn't smart enough to look for
sequential numbers. As for the other question, sometimes the OCR engine sees
a double page as two columns on the same page instead of two pages. If you
think this is what happened and you can tell where the page break should go,
I.E. you know whether the number is header or footer, you could go ahead and
insert breaks.
Kellie