[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating/page number question

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:00:51 -0500

I guess it's up to you and how much work you want to do. When I valdiate a
book, I do put in  page
numbers if they're missing (the one I'm doing now is missing the numbers -- and
I just found out,
since I'm reading the book, that it was missing two pages). Also, I correct
page numbers; often a 3 will
be an 8, and vice versa, e.g., page 108 in this book came out 103.

From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:46:09 -0400
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] validating/page number question

> Hello,
> I'm validating a book where all the pages, or at least so far, are included,
> but some of them have the
page number missing. by simply reading the pages which have them, and counting
between them, I
can tell that all the pages are there.
> It seems to have an equal number of pages which do and don't have the number
> written, so either
way it would be a big project to insert or remove them. Otherwise I know some
people are strongly for
and or against page numbers, but it seems odd to leave it so inconsistent. The
text is pretty good.
Certainly better quality than other books I've read up there. So, should I
insert numbers, remove them,
or just leave them as is?