[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating questions

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:21:09 -0500

Hello, Channelle.  Welcome to the Bookshare volunteer community.
First off, I'm thrilled that you are a validator who reads through each book. Mayrie already said this pretty well so I'll just leave it at that.

While it is true that we aren't supposed to change the text of the book, it is permissible to correct OCR errors. This includes adding or changing punctuation marks or deleting them if they are obviously junk characters. For example, random semicolons sometimes appear in my scans and I delete as many of them as I can find before submitting them. You can also remove headers and footers and add page numbers if they are missing.

Another way to get ahold of the comments about the book from Step One is to "release" the book on Step Two and then go back to Step One and download it again. It's a bit complicated but it only takes a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps.
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chanelle Hill" <chanellemh@xxxxxxxxx>