[bksvol-discuss] validating bottleneck

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:41:56 -0700

Unless I'm missing something here, if someone was taking books to validate and
then continuing to renew them just in order to read them without paying a
subscription fee, they wouldn't need to renew them at all since once they
download the book, they have it in a file on their computer. They could simply
release the book; that wouldn't remove it from their computer. When I have
renewed books it is because they need work and I am requesting them from the
local library. If I then release the book it is because it hasn't come in to
the library and I don't want to hold it up.  guess I'm a perfectionist too but
I do want to make a book as good as I possibly can when I am validating it even
though that isn't required.