[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating and the BrailleNote

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:00:24 -0400

Your braillenote will read rtf files just fine. The less converting between file types the better.

I suggest you perhaps use whatever tools you use on a file on the pc version first. For example I use k1000 rank spelling on a file as soon as I download it. Then I remove all duplicate spaces and all junk characters using k1000 as much as I can. That way the file is smaller because multiple spaces are deleted. I often remove headers using k1000 at this time as well since the global replace works well and is a fast way to do it. Then I save the file in rtf. Then I move the file to my cf card and use the cf card in the braillenote. Of course any editing I do on the braillenote hhas to be done in grade one braille but the file shows up in grade two. You are welcome to write me offlist if you want to talk about the braillenote more and want ideas. E.