[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating a book in a day

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:46:24 -0500

Well, I agree. Just from stuff I've read that has made it to the
collection, I've thought a better job of scanning could have been
done, and, of course, probably of validating, but I think a scan
should be well done to start with. I would rather submit one or two
really good quality scans than ten or eleven fair or poor ones. I do
think there needs to be standards, and I quickly got discouraged about
what I was validating and decided to scan instead, though now I can't
do either, or at least if I did, it would have to be validate since I
have no scanning software on my computer and cannot make it downstairs
to my husband's computer cause of the wheelchair.

Cindy Lou