[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:26:41 -0500

This is very good advice. Reading words in context is the only sure way to know whether or not they are actually misspellings. It is also why I use the spell checker after, not before, I read a book. I know the book by that time, which means I have to do a lot less reading in context to determine whether or not a word the spell checker flags is a real misspelling or not. I think it makes the spell checking process go much faster doing it that way. If, while reading the book, I come across words that are consistently misscanned, which does happen, I can use a search and replace to fix them.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Ann" <agapetouchmassage@xxxxxxxxx>