[bksvol-discuss] Re: validaters, submitters, et al

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

Me, too. Mike was kind enough to download several
books that I validated withheaders and page numbes
treated in several different ways. Apparently all the
page numbers are missing except in the book in which I
created a header for each page--and the chapters were
left alone where I had put a word at the top of that
page.  So now I'm leaving the headers if they're
there, but correcting them so they're all the same and
spelled correctly, and putting the page number on the
line below.  If there is no header I'll use dashes or
asterisks as Mike and someone whose name I've
forgotten do.

I forgot to ask, Mike. I think you told me that the
page numbers at the bottom were also deleted.  I
didn't realize the stripper stripped those, too--maybe
I wasn't paying attention when people mentioned
footers. Should I put something after the page number
that can be stripped rather than putting a line space
between the page number and the page break?

Pratik, apparently your advice about line spaces
between page break and page number  doesn't work any
more.  The stripper got wise and changed its  m.o.

Cindy

I am