[bksvol-discuss] validated books returned to download page

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:36:09 -0500

Reggie,
Sorry, that was me snagging your books.  I didn't connect your name with
your email.  I took In the Name of Honor and House at Pooh Corner.
There were no admin comments on them, only the ubiquitous "return new".
What does that mean, anyway?
Since they had been there a few days, I figured you had given up on them.
Are you sure you're not making some mistake when you're uploading your
validated books?
Guess I better check that they're not back again.
Tracy

At 04:37 PM 12/9/04 -0500, you wrote:
>I am getting extremely sick and tired of all the nonsense.  I validated and
uploaded 5 books last w3eekend.  I have now found 3 of them back on the
download list and two have been grabbed by someone else.  No warning, no
statement as to why! If my validation is going to continue like this, I
quit, quit, quit!!! I work hard and only have at night and some weekends to
do this stuff.  The least that Bookshare could do is send me a notice that
the book is not good enough and that I should work on it longer and
re-upload.  As you can tell I am really angry, angry, angry!!! We do not get
as validators the same amount, although we work sometimes harder than the
people who scan.  We need all the money we can make to make the scans
better.  Now, before I break my keyboard in total, total anger, I will
depart.  If I am not doing a good job then I will not be back on this list
and I will not be re-joining BKS! I am currently fixing a fair book so if it
will be returned to the list when I am finished could someone please let me
know so I do not, not continue to work hard on this!!! Thanks.