[bksvol-discuss] Re: using enter key in email messages

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:21:00 -0700

You know; I really try to keep out of this sort of discussion, but I feel the need to comment here.

In the past two weeks, there have been two flare ups on the list where individuals have felt picked on. In this second instance, I read E.'s question is simple interest. I assumed that she thought Gwen might be new to email and not realize that returns were unnecessary accept between paragraphs. We all learn from each other after all.

I have ben on this list for at least two years and have always been gratified by the care individuals have expressed for one another and for for the willingness of members to help one another. E. as well as many others have always been willing to answer questions, find solutions to problems, and offer support.

When I joined this list I knew very very little about using Word to proofread--I knew nothing about choosing fonts, formatting paragraphs and many other things. I did read the NBP book to learn many things, but I have also learned much from others here.

When I joined my first yahoo group, I read one guideline which said, "ASSUME GOOD WILL", a term which speaks for it self. I trust we can continue to "assume good will" on this list.

And I hope I have not offended anyone.

Lori C.