[bksvol-discuss] Re: uploading book

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:10:34 -0800

Hi Gail,

        If you're getting the "this is not a valid rtf file" message from
the bookshare site, try opening your rtf file in word, put a space at the
beginning of the file, back space to delete it, then save and close the
file.  It should upload fine now.  It's not a problem with where you have
your file stored on your computer.  It's that rtf files worked on in
Kurzweil are just a different enough flavour of rtf from that of Microsoft
Word that the bookshare site doesn't recognize them all of the time.  By
making a small change in Word and then saving in Word, you solve the
problem.  It's a common problem with we Kurzweil 1000 users, but simple, to
fix, as you see.

Mayrie