[bksvol-discuss] Re: unwanted letters on scanned page

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:19:51 -0700 (PDT)

Bud,

The only thing I can suggest is not eliminating extra
junk page by page but wait until you finish scanning
the whole book. When I was scanning books, I validated
them myself after having finished the scan. Thus I was
able to use, for some junk symbols a global replace
with nothing; otherwise I eliminated extra letters and
symbols by hand. If you don't want to pre-validate
because you're not interested in reading the book or
you don't want to take the time, you can do a
spell-check, which would catch letters like e or d
that stand by themselves, and delete them, and/or you
can put in a find for the letter using whole word or a
space before and after it and then replace with
nothing. I've done that, too, especially to find a
number one that should be a capital I that I may have
missed.
  After using the find to find the letter, I switch to
replace and either replace them individually or, if
I'm sure it's a safe thing to do, I do a global
replace with nothing.

HTH
Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com