[bksvol-discuss] Re: unifying format

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:32:06 -0700 (PDT)

Lissi,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been sick. If it was
with a bad cold, that seems to be going around. I'm
glad youre getting better.

Your problem is frustrating, and it took me quite a
while when I had the same problem to figure out how to
solve it.  I have Microsoft  Word but not Windows, but
hopefully the files are the same.

With your cursor at theplace where your "wrong" format
is, pen the Format file on he menu bar, and click on
Paragraph.  Probably the Left  margin space has some
large number in it, like 3 or  something less. Anyway,
change it to zero. Both the Left and right margins
should be zero, unless you want something to be
different, like a quote from a magazine or a letter.
Then I found that changing the margins was easier then
hitting the space bar to indent those.

As to the large space you don't want between lines,
in the same Paragraph part of the Format file make
Line Spaceing "single" and Special "none."

If that doesn't work,  maybe someone else can help.

Cindy