[bksvol-discuss] Re: uHow do I block quote text?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 01:31:46 -0500

Hi Kathy,

The last I saw on how to do this came from the former volunteer coordinator, Madeleine, last year. When someone posted about how to do block quotes she wrote: please do not add in quotes where there aren’t any. Keep it as it is in the text. I realize that it’ll make block quotes a bit harder to follow, but I checked with our Collection Development team and this is the guidance they gave me. If it’s really not obvious that it’s a block quote... “begin block quote” in square brackets just before the quote, and “end block quote” after. For example: [begin block quote]

Another way that I've done it myself, and I've seen in books I've downloaded to read that were scanned and proofread by other volunteers, is to put a single asterisk on a separate line before the quote starts and a single asterisk on a line after the quote ends.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 4/23/2016 10:44 PM, Kathy Hester wrote:

I know somebody said what to do about text that should be block quoted a while back, but I've forgotten. I am scanning a book now, Jubilee by John Brick, and it has quite long quotations at the beginning of each part. They really should be set off from the rest of the text some way. Will someone tell me how to do it?

Thank you in advance!

Kathy
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to