[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt page breaks redux

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:57:32 -0600

Guido,
You're still assuming that someone has access to all these books and can
provide a better scan. If I had a choice between spending twenty hours
fixing a scrambled scan or being given a copy of the book and asked to
rescan it, of course I would rather scan. But usually the choice is fix up
the book, or reject it and not have it at all. Of course I know that a
volunteer in this position can mention the problem on list and someone might
go find the book and rescan, and/or they can ask Rui to add the book to the
list with hopefully the same outcome.

As for me, I validate things I want to read. Self-interest to be sure,
although not credit-based. I actually like reading a book and fixing the
errors as I go along, and I take pride in the fact that when I upload the
book it will be as close to perfect as I can make it. Of course, it's a real
pleasure to have a scan that's so good I don't have to do much or any
correcting. And if the submitter says that they've already read the book
through I wouldn't necessarily read the whole thing before uploading.
And my point is... hm, I thought I had one... Oh, never mind!
Kellie