[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt files on page one

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:02:34 -0700 (PDT)

I would love to try to describe illustrations in
children's books! I have an 8 year old son who is now
"too old" for "little kid books".  My friend, who is
my inspiration for joining this list, has a
kindergarten age son, and I have been taking some of
my son's old books and brailling (is that the term?)
them for her.

I really only know grade 1 braille though (by sight -
no way could I read it with my fingers!) so sometimes
it is slow going. But I enjoy it and her son is the
cutest little boy and just loves books.

So I know lots of children's books :)

Jamie in Michigan