[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt files and validating

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:49:47 -0500

Hi Laura Ann,
If you have Kurzweil, you can validate txt files without worrying about losing
page breaks. In fact, Kurzweil is excellent for determining whether there are
breaks or not. If there is a header at the top or a footer at the bottom, you
can be sure that the page breaks are there. If the headers are in random places
with no page breaks near them, then the page breaks are not where they should
be. At that point, you can choose whether you want to and are able to insert
the breaks or whether you want to reject the book. Personally I'll insert them
only if the scan is very good overall and there is a running header for me to
follow.
Hth,
Kellie