[bksvol-discuss] Re: trying to find if a book is in the library

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:59:57 -0700

Hi Sheley,

I'm using windoweyes but that shouldn't make any difference in this situation. I'll try your method and see how it works for me. It should be a simple thing but it seems it's not simple for me. I seem to get different results from one time to another. I'm sure a little practice will clear it up.
Thanks for your response.

Bud
At 07:04 PM 4/20/2009, you wrote:
Hi Bud,

This is what I do.

On the home page, as I automatically log in I type 'f' for forms field, this is the title/author/isbn edit box.

I type in a key word of the title, for example "Testament" for Everyday Life In Old Testament Times.

Then hit enter.

To find results I type 'h' for header and go down till I hear search results or "warning" warning tells me that either there are tons of books with that title, or none.

Smile.  I use Jaws 9.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>