[bksvol-discuss] Re: trouble checking out a book sort of

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 07:57:33 -0700

I notice that the system seems rather slow even when renewing a book
or when pulling up the initial list.  I wonder if the database queries
are not optimal or something.  if it goes too long, your browser can
time out the request and claim that the URL cannot be resolved.  I
don't remember if you can change the number of entries per page but
if you can, might try lowering the number.  Although, I usually prefer
a larger number so I don't have to go and switch pages so much.  I
usually set my google search page limit to 100 hits instead of the
usual 10 hit default.

I also think there ot to be a filter added where we could exclude
entries with the word "hold" for example.  That would make the list
more managable for sure.