[bksvol-discuss] Re: triplicate submition of "The Reader"

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:09:18 -0700

I was disapponited, too. I was one of those who scanned The Reader.
It also came to light that my scan of Breath, Eyes, Memory had already been
produced and whe the validator got it, discovered it had recently been added
to Bookshare library.  I did not think to check the inventory.  I will try
and at least do that much next time, before I go to the effort to go to the
library, scan the book and submit it.   Fortunately, both books were
enjoyable to read, so in large part, no harm done.

Live and learn, volunteer, and help as best I can, is what I say.

In my non Bookshare world, I volunteer at lots of stuff and am pretty
familiar with the challenges.   I appreciate this community very much, and
the valuable resource of the Bookshare reading material.

Rik
d28rik@xxxxxxx