[bksvol-discuss] titles

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:55:29 -0500

We need guidance from staff here about whether to leave out titles such as MC and PHD which speak about schooling and learning and leave in JR. and III which speak about being the son of somebody. Fortunately for women there seem to be no equivalents to Jr. and III that I have ever seen. And I assume MSW and such are also banned.

E.
At 09:50 AM 1/4/2007, you wrote:
Martin Luther King Jr.,
Otherwise, you get the co-author "Jr.", which I've seen many time.
Marissa went through once and fixed those, as I recall, but I'm sure
there's a whole new crop now.
Tracy